Parish Pastoral Council
The Parish Pastoral Council was formed in Palmerstown in response to the wishes of the Archbishop of Dublin that each parish in the Archdiocese should have a Parish Pastoral Council.
The aims of the Council are:
- To be an advisory/consultative group to the Parish Priest.
- The council reflects, makes recommendations and assists in the Spiritual and Pastoral development of the Parish.
- To provide a structure and opportunity for priests and people to share responsibility for the mission of the Parish.
- Seeks to work with all parish groups and parishioners to further the development and growth of our parish community.
- To provide a formal structure whereby the priest and the laity confer openly and work closely together, make decisions, share responsibilities and act effectively in the administration of parochial duties.
- To provide effective communication between the priests and the parish community.
- To work towards fostering faith and mission in the parish, that together we may be supportive, caring witnesses to the call of Christ.
The members of the Pastoral Council are:
- Canon Tony Reilly PP
- Mary Brady
- Catherine Kennedy
- Gerry Cahill
- Cathy Burke
- Joseph Scally
- Heather Cunningham